Gifts of Stocks or Donation by Wire Transfer
For many people, investments in securities represent a significant portion of their assets. Stocks and other investments are often an important part of one’s long-term plans, providing a nest egg to rely on in the future.
Did you know that your investments can also be an excellent source for charitable gifts? Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities that you have owned for more than one year not only make convenient gifts, but can provide you with welcome tax benefits as well.
• Eliminate capital gains taxes on the securities you donate—if you’ve held them for more than one year.
• Receive a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the current fair market value of the securities on the date of the gift, depending on your tax situation.
• Provide valuable support to the Foundation to advance science in search of a cure for pancreatic cancer.
What to do next:
• Request transfer instructions for making a gift of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds from our office.
• Seek the counsel of your financial or legal advisor or attorney about the tax advantages for your unique situation.
As with any financial transactions, please contact your financial and legal advisors. In all of the transactions, you will need to use our legal name and our federal tax ID:
The Lustgarten Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research, 1111 Stewart Avenue, Bethpage, NY 11714; Federal Tax ID # 31-1611837.
Please call Cathy Weber at (516) 803-2307 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.