Join Our Team
Be a part of our mission to cure pancreatic cancer. As the largest private funder of pancreatic cancer research, we work tirelessly to improve patient outcomes through funding the very best research. We are dedicated and pride ourselves on having a positive and friendly work environment. We are dedicated and pride ourselves on having a positive and friendly work environment. We offer competitive salaries with an excellent benefits which includes group insurance and a 401(k) plan. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer based in Woodbury, New York
Director of Research
The Lustgarten Foundation, the nation’s largest non-profit dedicated to pancreatic cancer research, is seeking an in-house Director of Research. Must have proven experience managing scientific/research programs, projects, and budgets such as previous positions in non-profit, pharma/biotech, or academic institution.
The Research Director will work with the Chief Scientist and the President & CEO in the development and implementation of the Scientific, Research, and Patient programs in order to fulfill the Foundation’s mission “to advance the scientific and medical research related to the diagnosis, treatment, and cure of pancreatic cancer” and to positively impact the lives of pancreatic cancer patients and their families.
Specifically, the Research Director will:
- Work with the Chief Scientist in developing and implementing the strategic research plan and grants program including Identifying needed areas of research, implementing the research application and review process and fostering collaboration between and among researchers.
- Coordinate with SU2C in implementing the Pancreatic Cancer Collective and work with and develop other research program partners to maximize research program results.
- Broaden clinical research efforts and trials by developing relationships with pharma, biotechs, academic institutions.
- Further develop the patient program to benefit from the sponsored research.
- Work with the development and communications staff to translate research programs and progress to donors and constituents.
- Represent the Foundation at scientific and professional conferences.
- Implement Scientific Advisory Board activities, including the Annual Conference.
- Negotiate grant contracts and administer the financial aspects of the grants program.
- Monitor and keep the Foundation current with the field of cancer research.
Applicants should have:
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and/or manage scientific/research programs, projects, budgets.
- Advanced degree/s in science
- Strong background in cancer research, preferably pancreatic/GI
- Strong communications skills to interact effectively with the scientific community as well as conveying technical information to the lay community.
Please share this email with anyone who might be a good fit. Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com